Sembrowser 0.2 is out for testing!
Several weeks are passed from the 0.1 version, so it was time to release the new version; before getting into a few details, let me remind you that this is not a substitute for Dolphin, but simply a prototype for checking the capabilities of having a faceted browsing in a file manager; thus, it has not all the functionalities of Dolphin itself, but only those that I think are needed in a very simple manager.
Now, the new features:
- new queries under the hood: this should speed up the tags loading (and the file refreshing, too)
- resizability: the facets panel was quite blocked in the first release, now it can be resized along all directions
- configuration of the facets to be shown: a settings page can be used for choosing which of the three possible facets (document type, time, tags) are shown in the panel; this may be useful especially on smaller screen (those scroll bars are not the best thing to use, I have to admit it)
- added some file manager functionalities, in particular cut-copy-paste
- some minor improvements here and there…
So, go to the KDE-Apps page and check it out, and then tell me what’s good and bad with it (only constructive comments, please, no rants!).